“The universe is under no obligation to ever make sense to you.”
This week has been nothing short of life changing. I still don’t think I’m ready to talk about it in it’s entirety, as there is still so much to comprehend and learn from the experience. In light of this, I’ve learned to take each day as it comes. Life certainly was not readily made to make sense.
How to not understand life and still be okay with it:
1. Wine comes from grapes and grapes come from the land. Wine is a natural healer. (((and should be a food group)))
2. Scream at the sky when you’re angry and watch the clouds when you need to think. Both will help tremendously.
3. Do things that make you nervous and let the feeling consume you until you feel scared and alive and want to throw up.
4. Don’t worry about falling in love. It shouldn’t always be the focal point of your life.
5. Pick flowers whenever you see them (just not all of them!) and give them to strangers. It will make both of you smile.
6. Kiss all of the things that make you happy and all the things that make you sad. Kiss everything that makes you feel anything.
7. Hold on to things that you don’t think you’ll want 5-10 years from now. Some you will want, some you (still) will not.
8. Never empty your pockets and try not to live out of a suitcase.
9. Light candles and watch at least two movies when you are feeling sad. Let them make you forget about life for a little.
10. Pictures of mountains and canyons will make your head spin. Look at them you’re feeling like things are going to get bad soon.
11. Charge your cellphone before it reaches 10%, but do not center 100% of your life around it.
12. The best people have electricity running through their veins and around their hearts. Let them shock you.
13. Forget how old you are. Actually, forget how old anyone is. It does not matter.
14. If a boy ever treats you like an option rather than a priority, leave him. Even if it’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do. Even if you’re still convinced there is hope. I promise you, you do not need this. You don’t.
15. When the rest of the world is asleep, make the night your friend and you will become invincible.
16. Go to an unfamiliar part of town and explore. Take pictures. Don’t text.
17. Cry if you want to, but try not to drown in your tears.
18. Do not be afraid of the sight of blood or the smell of hospital beds.
19. Look at the moon and look at the stars. Write about them sometimes.
20. Never stay in one place for very long.
And if you’re ever feeling really upset or confused about life, here is a free flash version of Super Mario World. You can play it on your computer and I promise you it will make your day at least 15% better:
You’re going to be okay.